Have you successfully launched your divorce/family mediation practice?
Are you satisfied with your divorce/family mediation practice?
Newly trained mediators often report that they face obstacles in their efforts to launch their divorce/family mediation practices. It seems that whether the goal is to build a practice for couples that are represented by attorneys or for those that are pro-se, the road to private practice is often bumpy. Obstacles can include:
- a lack of confidence regarding the novice mediator’s ability to effectively facilitate the session,
- a lack of confidence regarding the mediator’s knowledge of the legalities involved in divorce, including calculating child support and writing the marital settlement agreement,
- market saturation,
- a failure to create an inclusive marketing plan, and
- the lack of a professional mentor and/or a support system.
If these or any other obstacle has kept you from achieving your goal of launching a divorce/family mediation practice, please don't give up. I have long believed that the 40-hour training model that we use in Florida is only a first step for embarking upon a new career as a professional divorce/family mediator. If you are already certified but you still feel unprepared to go to the next level, I have a solution for you. If you have tried to get your practice going with less then satisfactory results, I have a solution for you.
You are invited to join "Launch Your Practice: A Professional Group For Divorce/Family Mediators."
The group will meet over a six month period. During this time we will explore topics related to mediation techniques and strategies as well as to the marketing of a mediation practice. Our time together will include three day-long meetings (August 2009, October 2009, and January 2010), bi-monthly phone conversations and an in-depth email dialogue. Enrollment is limited and participants will be selected so that there will be no direct geographic market competitors. The investment for being a part of this group is $2495. Please call or email me if you want to learn more.
All the best,
Florida Supreme Court Certified Mediator & Mediatioin Trainer
Boca Raton, FL
* Teaching mediation - over 5000 professionals trained - http://www.mediationtraininggroup.com/
* Commercial, family, community, & workplace mediation - http://www.elinorrobin.com/
* Divorce Mediation & Forms - http://www.afriendlydivorce.com/