Saturday, November 24, 2007

Thanksgiving Weekend Update

Our Thanksgiving this year was enjoyable but different - we had dinner with extended family. To some extent I missed our usual Thanksgiving rituals but I was also grateful for the chance to experience something new. (And, have someone else take responsibility for making it all come together.) For me, Thanksgiving is about celebrating all that I am grateful for. At this point in my life that includes everything from feeling good (last week I got the results of some blood work and I was delighted to see my good numbers) to the people in my inner circle. What are you most thankful for this year?

My activities this weekend include 5 broadcasts of my radio show. On Wed night my guests were Mark Townbridge, President and CEO of the Coral Gables Chamber of Commerce and Phil Reed, Consumer Advice Editor for www.Edmunds.com.

Mark www.coralgableschamber.org/chamber/message_president.asp and I talked about South Florida - our future as a hub for international business and the business challenges we face. Our current business climate seems to accept a lowered commitment to customer service. Tell me please, what happened to "the customer is always right?" Typically, I can accurately predict which businesses will soon be out of business simply by the service provided. Do you see it too?

Phil www.Edmunds.com gave us some excellent information and great tips for buying a car. As I am in the market for a new car I will follow Phil's suggestion and do my research first and then make my purchase through the Internet Salesperson at one of the local dealers.

Thanksgiving night my daughter Sari and I discussed Tips For Getting Along With Your Family Over The Holidays (see below) as well as the Top 10 Gifts NOT To Give To Your Wife or Girlfriend.

Friday night my husband David joined me on the air. Our guests were Joe Sindoni, author of "50 Reasons NOT to Have Kids - and what to do if you have them anyway" and Adryenn Ashley, author of "Every Single Girl's Guide to Her Future Husband's Last Divorce."

Joe - www.50reasons.com - gave me a whole new perspective on my grandchild obsession, which I now feel ready to let go of. Additionally, Joe further fostered our interest in finding a community of like minded people interested in sharing the journey as we grow old together.

Like me, Adryenn - www.everygirlsguides.com - is actively involved in figuring out ways to make our marriages work. Her idea of running a credit report on your future mate makes total sense. This is a great way to find out what you are really getting into before you get your credit histories intertwined.

Stay tuned for the two hour double header on Sunday. And, in the meantime, have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment