Sunday, December 9, 2007

I'm Still Here!

As usual life is hectic. Part of the reason that life is so hectic is that I spend five hours a week on the radio. In addition to actual air time there is a lot of prep involved. So, if you have missed my show, here is my radio report.

On Sunday 11/25 Attorney Andy Wyman visited and gave us the low-down on insurance companies and how we can protect ourselves from their greed. The insurance situation - be it health insurance or property insurance - is not a pretty picture. If you have insurance issues visit Andy at www.wymanlawfirm.com.

On Monday 11/26 I was joined by Dr. Sharon Fried-Buchalter, a local clinical psychologist and author of "Children Are People Too: Unlocking the 8 Secrets to Family Happiness" and "New Parents Are People Too: 8 Secrets to Surviving Parenthood As Individuals And As a Couple." Dr. Sharon is an amazing parenting expert whose message is both down to earth and befitting of our 21st century lifestyles. Her books are a must read for parents. Actually, I was so impressed with Dr. Sharon that I invited her back a week later. And, on 12/3 we talked about motivation and individual quests for excellence. I must say that our time together was very inspiring and I am delighted that I can call Dr. Sharon a friend as well as a colleague. Sharon and I share a mission - to carry our messages of personal growth and healthy relationships - so stay tuned. In the meantime, you can find Sharon at www.peopletoounlimited.com

On Thursday 11/29, my guests were Janis Spindel, the international matchmaker and Nancy May of the Women's Global Business Alliance. Nancy spoke about women sitting on corporate boards. Hmm.... Every corporate board should have their own resident mediator. I think I see a place to start a trend.

On Friday 11/30, Tim Dimoff, a violence expert spoke about rage - work rage, airplane rage, road rage. His topic is timely - five days later, on Dec 5 - a young man "snapped" in Omaha, NE and killed eight people in a crowded shopping mall. Find out more about Tim at www.liferage.com. On a lighter note, on this same night, Michael Shimberg, author of "The Complete Single Father" shared wisdom and tips for single dads.

On Sunday 12/2, Amy Volkers, Astrologer, gave our audience some right-on readings. You can find Amy at www.avalonmoonquestes.com

On Thursday my radio buddy, Peter from Parkland, brought his own special version of insanity to the airwaves and we held a year end awards show naming the 13 most unlucky people of 2007. Interestingly, each of our Unlucky 13 was unlucky because of their own stupidity and/or greed. Our 13 losers were David Hasselhoff, Alec Baldwin, Lindsay Lohan, Michael Richards, Anna Nicole Smith, OJ, Brittany Spears, Senator Larry Craig, Michael Vick, Don Imus, locals Anthony Masilotti and Ken Jenne, and drum roll please, George Bush.

Friday 12/7 brought a pleasant surprise. My first scheduled guest failed to appear. But, my husband David was with me in the studio and we discussed our own version of the six aspects of divorce: the physical, legal, emotional, financial, social, and logistical. I really enjoyed being on with David and he enjoyed it too. I can only hope that the radio bug has bitten him too. To find out more about our divorce mediation and document preparation service - A Friendly Divorce - visit our website www.AFriendlyDivorce.com. Our second scheduled guest, Lisa J. Peck, author of "Silent Cries: A Woman's Journey To Freedom" brought her own story as well as helpful information about domestic violence to our listeners. To find out more about Lisa's work with domestic violence survivors visit her website - www.redemptivecommunity.com.

And, finally, today, Sunday 12/9, Susan and I discussed our own personal beef - the awful cleanliness procedures found at hotels and nail salons during our 10-11am show "What's Your Beef?" And, from 11 to noon my guest on the Mystic Holistic Hour was Boca Raton psychic Halley Elise - www.byregion.net/cgibin/users/profiles.pl?username=mysterieslady. Halley gave amazing readings to our listeners, one of which was my daughter, Sari. And, we agree that we want more from this fascinating woman.

As if all of this was not enough, in the last two weeks, since my last blog entry on 11/24, Susan and I held a 5-day family mediation training in Boca and a 5-day Circuit Civil mediation training in Orlando. And, I have maintained close contact with all of my divorcing clients. Its no wonder that I missed one meeting of my MastHerMind group and David's Toastmasters' holiday party.

Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment